Tuesday, November 17, 2009

California road trip...Thanksgiving break

Annie invited me to go to California with her this year for Thanksgiving and who could pass up a trip to sunny, warm, Cali when it's 30 degrees and below in Boise in November. We drove down and were going to try and pull an all nighter after I got off work Tuesday night, but we only made it until about 1 in the morning and had to stop at a hotel for a quick cat nap. Somewhere in the middle of the Utah dessert when we were starting to talk about whether or not to get a hotel when we got to the next town, we could see the sky getting lighter, almost as if the sun was rising very quickly. I looked at the clock which said it was after midnight, so I was so confused by the light outside. I looked out my window to see what it was and saw the most beautiful streak of light flash across the sky and then explode. I wish I would have been able to get a video or picture of it, it was so amazing. After it was over, I looked on the internet and saw that we were able to see a small glimpse of the Leonid meteor shower. At that moment, I was so glad we had decided to try and drive through the night. Below are some pictures of the beautiful rocks we passed on the way down. I think we were passing through St. George when I took these pictures, but can't remember for sure.


No comments: