Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Day one - Heading back East (Tuesday)

I'm finally getting pictures up of mine and Annie's trip back East. I'm separating the days out so it makes it a little easier to see what we did each day, rather than having a long post, cause it would be very long. :)


Leaving Boise. We are excited for the trip, that's the only reason we are able to look so awake despite our flight being at 6 in the morning!
Driving across the George Washington Bridge. This was about 4 hours into the drive (we flew in to Baltimore cause it was cheaper) only 1 more hour to go to get to North Salem, NY!

Still can't believe I survived driving through Manhattan. So glad we didn't have to drive downtown though. :)

These are the only pictures we took this day. I'm still beating myself up for not getting a picture with the Freydberg's. (the family I nannied for 6 years ago) We got to their house around 7 and had dinner with them, then just enjoyed their company, catching up, and hearing some new stories. Gamble, who is almost 12, is my height now and skinny like his mom. They have a big dog now and a huge bunny that is the cutest thing in the world. I didn't get to see Mary Ward, because she was at camp in North Carolina, just gives me another excuse to go back and visit. :) After we got done chatting, I took Annie outside to see her first fireflys. Oh how I miss those. They are the coolest bugs ever! We stayed in the apartment above the garage, which is where I lived when I nannied for them. It brought back some fond memories, and I'm glad I finally got to show someone this little part of my life.

No comments: