Thursday, June 18, 2009

Day Three - Boston (Thursday)

Day Three, we got up early and headed for Boston. It was about a 3 1/2 hour drive and it rained a good portion of the way there. We got checked into the hotel and had lunch at Legal Seafoods. We asked our server where a good place to go sight seeing was and she directed us to the Faneuil Hall Marketplace. She also told us about a pastry shop called Mike's Pastry that is so good, it's busy all the time and people come from all over just to have a pastry from there. So of course we thought we should check it out.
First stop: Faneuil Hall Marketplace
I think this guy was here to give directions, but I'm not entirely sure, I just wanted a picture of him in his colonial garb.

Statue of Samuel Adams

The entrance to the Faneuil Hall Marketplace


Some of the shops at the Marketplace







Not the real Cheers, but a smaller version that is there at the Marketplace

Next stop: Mike's Pastry

One of the side streets we walked down to get to Mike's Pastry. I just love all the history this place has and love how it makes you feel like you are walking back in time.

I don't know the name of this bridge, but it looked cool so I took a picture. :)

Little Italy in Boston
I didn't get a picture of the outside of Mike's Pastry, too many people and it was difficult with a box of pastry's in one hand and an umbrella in the other.


This is what happens to a cardboard box when you are walking around in the rain. Good thing the pastry's weren't ruined.

Cannoli and chocolate filled butter cookies. The cannoli was the best, so if you ever go to Boston, definitely go check out Mike's Pastry!

Next stop: Fenway Park
It had been raining for most of the day, and we were thinking that the game was going to get canceled, but the rain did let up and then stopped in time for us to go to the Red Sox game!

Fenway Park


Red Sox down by one


Me and Annie at the game. Still able to smile, even though I had beer spilled down my side.




Green Monster seats


One of the pitchers warming up in the bull pen.

The people that pay the big bucks for front row seats get a tv with ESPN to watch too.

It started raining again around the bottom of the 3rd, top of the 4th inning, and then they called a rain delay at the top of the 5th inning. I was glad that our seats were underneath the top bleachers cause that meant we stayed nice and dry while everyone else got soaked. We decided to head back to the hotel after they called the game, cause we figured it would be a while before the rain stopped. We turned ESPN on later when we were back at the hotel and I think it was somewhere around 11:30 by this time, and the game was still on rain delay. I'm not sure what time they finally called the game, but I was glad that we didn't stick around.

This video shows what they do to cover the field when it starts raining. It's pretty amazing.

Boston was awesome, wish we had more than one day to sight see, especially since it rained most of the time we were there. Another place to add to the list of places I need to go back to when I can spend more time there.


1 comment:

jeff and alli said...

Boston looks awesome. What a cool place to visit and I hear to live as well. Though I hear it is super super cold.