Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Halloween Birthday Bash!

27 years ago, a beautiful baby girl was brought into this world...that was me! :) My birthday was on a Wednesday this year and so I had to work on my birthday. It was a pretty uneventful day with a few little surprises here and there. I got many phone calls from family and friends, and birthday wishes on facebook. One of my favorite things about my birthday is when my Grandma and Grandpa Barrus call and sing Happy Birthday while my Grandpa plays the ukulele. Since my birthday was on a weekday, Heather decided to throw my birthday party on Friday -Halloween- I think it was my first ever Halloween Birthday party and it was a success. Though I think I prefer to seperate my holidays. :)


Heather left this note on the bathroom mirror for me to find Wednesday morning

Stacy my friend from work, dropped off these beautiful flowers and some donuts for me to enjoy while I was at work. I think everyone else at work got to enjoy a donut before I did because we were quite busy that day. It was almost lunch time before I got to have one. I was glad she brought them though.

Annie and I dressed up as the Joker from the new Batman. The Joker dressed up as a nurse in the new movie, which is what I was trying to simulate. I borrowed my moms old nursing uniform when she first started working as a nurse back in the 70's. Annie did a better job of pulling off the Joker than I did, but it was still fun.

Me and my mom. She was dressed up as her 70's self.

Me, Stacy, and her husband Jason
Doesn't she make the best Lucy? Jason was dressed as V from the movie V for Vendetta

Here he is holding Lucy hostage

And now she is giving him a kiss

My delicious chocolate, peanut butter, banana cake that Heather created. Though it was little hard to cut because the peanut butter layer got hard.

The family, minus Mike, Sarah and Topher. I was trying to make a scary Joker face, but it came off looking more like I just didn't want to smile with my teeth. :)

Jenetta the mouse, Jodi the gangsta, and Annie the Joker

Joker and the Cat
Sorry for the blurriness, my cameras been having issues with the flash

Sheena the pirate (she had a cute little parrot to sit on her shoulder, but it liked to fall off.) And Dane the gangsta basketball player

Me and my dad Count Dracula
He had a friend that owns a denture lab make him some fangs that clip onto his teeth to complete the costume

Me and my hometeacher the Rock Star Cade

Blowing out all 27 candles. Whew!

The Kitty was trying to curl up on Brandon's lap

The Thornton's dressed as referees and their cute little boy Dallas dressed as #43 Troy Polamalu from the Steelers.

Heather, Jothan, Sheena, Heidi, and Robin

We just had to get a picture with all of the referees

And one with Lucy and the two Jokers

Rock Stars, Cade and Robin

The Joker, getting in a little Dallas time
We all had a good time with good food and good company. Thanks to Heather for throwing the party and those that helped her with preparations! And thanks to my Mom and Dad for having me! :)

5 comments:

jeff and alli said...

looks like it was a fun time!

Kemp said...

what a fun party!!! Happy Birthday! Ya life is good with us...I can't believe we have been married for almost 8 months now. How is work? Are you still at the same dental office?

Kemp said...

Ya I still work for Dr. Keller. It is slow sometimes, but you know how it goes. One week you're busy the next it is slow. It just tends to be that way in the dental world! It is so crazy that we have been married for 8 months! It feels longer though because we dated for a year. Anyways I hope you are doing well. Talk to you soon.

The Thomases said...

Hey Heidi,

Happy Birthday and great costume!! I was showing Marc your blog the other day and he thinks that he knows you . . . or an older sister or something. Do you guys know each other?

Heide Gentry-Kemp said...

Hey!!
Happy Birthday! I love your costumes they are so great! How have you been? It has been forever! You look great! good to see you.