Saturday, October 11, 2008

70's Birthday Bash

To celebrate Heather's 30th birthday, I decided that we should have a 70's themed party since Heather was born in 1978. Besides, we needed to do something a little more exciting than our average birthday party since she was welcoming a new decade into her life. I went to Zurcher's and picked up some disco decorations, and DI for my 70's attire. Heidi P. made the delicious fondue that we had (chocolate, raspberry, alfredo, and marinara) and picked up all the yummy things to dip. I couldn't believe how much food we had, I think more than we've had for any other party! We had a good turn out of about 20-25 people and even with all of them, we still ended up with a fair amount of leftovers. Here are a few pictures of the family and friends that came and partied with us.

I asked Heather to do my eyeshadow 70's style. It's a little more disco than my attire was, but it turned out really cool. The picture doesn't quite do it justice.

Showing off my outfit and awesome shoes!


Me, Heather, and Mom

Me, Dad, and Heather

Brandon and his brother Jesse

Aunt Julie (Brandon's aunt)

Matt and Annie catching up, since we haven't seen him in ages.

Sarah, Heather, Heidi, and Shauna (Thanks for dressing up girls!)

Our home teacher Cade. He kept going back for more food, but still didn't make a dent in it.

Me and Annie

Brandon and his mom Patty


Sarah, Shauna, Robin, Heidi, and Heather (gotta love the bead curtain in the back)

Some of the decorations (mini disco balls and colorful spirals that had disco balls, disco dancers and music notes hanging from the bottom)

The mini disco ball I found at Zurcher's. I was a little disappointed that it didn't work very well. It spun way way to fast. :(


Heather and Brandon

Ed, Renee, and Robin

Annie and Jodi striking a pose while dancing

Little Dallas Thornton. Isn't he so cute?! (Sorry Toby and Tammy, I kept trying to get a picture of the two of you together, but you were never by each other and then I forgot before you let. Oops. ) But Tammy is in the background of this shot. :)

Heather showing off the delicious food we were having

The awesome cake that Heidi made for Heather

What is a 70's party without disco napkins? I love Zurcher's for all the way cool disco things they had!

4 comments:

JoshandMegs said...

I love those shoes Heidi!!
The fondue sounds delicious right now!

jeff and alli said...

Looks like you threw a great party! And yeah, I wish I had had some of that food. :)

Kate Call said...

of coarse i remember you!! you are way too cute and sweet to forget!! i love that you have a blog... just one more person for me to blog stock ;) ... i love keeping up with people! thanks so much for leaving a comment!!
no.. laura doesn't have a blog! i have tried and tried and she said it just isn't her thing! i'll keep working on her though!
keep in touch for sure.. so good to hear from you and see your cute face!

Heide Gentry-Kemp said...

Hey! How have you been? You look so great! I love your blog it is so cute, and the 70's theme is so great. I am so glad that you got on my blog, its hard to keep in touch and stay updated on everything. So thanks, now we can stay in touch better! hope that all is well Heide