Saturday, June 19, 2010

A fun filled day

*WARNING: PICTURE OVERLOAD*
On Saturday, Stacy, Annie, and I had a busy, fun filled day. We started out by going to Lakeview Park in Nampa for a car show that Annie's Aunt and Uncle had their cars in. It took us a little longer to get out there, because we took the scenic route. I thought I knew which park it was, but wanted to check the map just in case. Well, the map brought up a subdivision called Lakeview Park, which was on the opposite end of Nampa. So, needless to say, we got to see a side of Nampa that none of us has seen. It was actually quite a nice drive.

"The Dude's" (Uncle Bill) Mustang.

Love this shot.




Love the color of this car, reminds be of the water in the Caribbean.



Aunt Sue's Mustang.




The back of her car. One of my favorite shots.

I was taking a picture of a car next to this guys car, so he smiled big and held his hands out as if to pose for me as I passed him. I just smiled and laugh and was going to continue on my way. He said, at least take a picture of my dog. Can't remember the dogs name, but she sure is a pretty dog.

Loved this car with the folding seat, so sweet!

Another favorite shot.

Love the old school crank car.





Yet another favorite shot. What a sweet engine too!

Stacy, Me, and Annie



The back of this truck had the sweetest wood paneling in the bed. And I loved the color of this truck.

This truck had some sweet wood panels in the back as well, and the guy had rigged up a switch under the bed to lift one of the panels to reveal the gas tank. I wish I would have gotten a photo of it.

This car wins for best tires! I love the old school white walls. Love this shot too!


The back of "The Dude's" car.

Our next stop for the day was Emmett for the Cherry Festival. This was a first for all three of us and it was a lot of fun. There were a lot of activities on the website that we missed out on, but we had a great time checking out the booths, petting zoo, people watching, and eating cherries. Mmmm.

The alpacas at the petting zoo apparently didn't get the memo that they were at a petting zoo. They would move to the other side of the fence, just out of reach if we tried to pet them. There were a couple of times that the white one would kick it's back leg as if to say, "No touchy!" Stacy and I finally tricked them though and got our hands through the lower holes to pet them.

I loved the cute little billy goats, so cute!


Stacy found a hula hoop and was showing off her mad skills.



I love the water tower in Emmett.

Mmmmm, my cup full of cherries. Though by the time I got around to taking the picture, it was half empty.

It's been since high school since I've been out to Emmett, but it's got a pretty amazing view as you come over the hill into the city.

See those two little domes in the upper left of the picture? Stacy didn't believe me when I said that was Emmett's high school. She said, "It looks like a bra out in the middle of a field." I died laughing because we would always tease them about that when we played Emmett at sporting events.

After the Cherry Festival, we went back to Boise and did a little scrub shopping. Then headed to Meridian and met up with Jason for dinner. We ate at Rick's Press Room, a restaurant that has been featured on "Diner's, Drive-In's, and Dive's." It's the second time Annie and I have been here and a first for Stacy and Jason. It was just as good as the first time we had it, and Stacy and Jason really enjoyed it too. After diner we headed back to Boise to watch Toy Story 3! It was a great movie with a happy/sad ending. It always amazes me with the stories that movie makers come up with. I'm glad that not everyone loses their child like imaginations when they grow up, because it makes for some great kid movies!

5 comments:

Heather Capener said...

BILLY'S!!!! I can't believe there aren't more pictures of the billys!

I love me a shiny engine, and even though mine will never be THAT shiny, I'm still grateful for a father-in-law with a pressure washer who cleans it up all nice and pretty!

Jessica said...

What a sweet ride! And you took some great photos of it.

Heidi Bitsch said...

Yes, I should have gone into the petting zoo and gotten more pictures of the billy's. There were just too many kids and parents in there already. And I didn't want to worry about stepping in poop while trying to get pictures of the cute billy's. Oh, well, maybe when the fair rolls around. :)

Thanks Jessica! There were so many sweet rides there. I so wish my parents hadn't sold their mustang.

The Thomases said...

I love that you guys went to a car show. I have a special place in my heart for car shows. My dad also owned a pretty sweet mustang for a while and we would head to Artic Circle every Tuesday night during the summer for car shows. Your pictures are so beautiful. You're really getting good with that camera.

Mollie Photo said...

I LOVE those pix. and i LOVE those goats. i pretty much LOVE everything about this post.