Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Cooking Club: Liquid Nitrogen Ice Cream

Cooking Club round 2 was hosted by Aunt Cindi and her daughter Sarah. Sarah thought it would be fun to make ice cream with liquid nitrogen. Let me just say that it was really fun and the ice cream was killer! I don't think I've tasted a smoother ice cream. The liquid nitrogen freezes the ingredients so fast, that they don't have time to form crystals, thus creating a very smooth texture.


Making the first batch.






It looked so cool when they were pouring it in.




Strawberry



Jeff mixing up the chocolate.




Nutella Chocolate
by far my favorite!



Batch #3


Vanilla


Jeff dipped a flower in the liquid nitrogen and then shattered it on the ground.

3 comments:

jeff and alli said...

Cooking club? That sounds fun.

Where does one even buy liquid nitrogen?

Heidi Bitsch said...

Aunt Cindi went to Norco to get it. I'm assuming that anywhere that sells gasses in tanks would have it?

Jessica said...

How fun would that be! And now I need to make me some nutella ice cream, yummo!