Thursday, October 28, 2010

Cheese Tasting

Annie's cousin Sarah used to work at a winery in Texas where they would have cheese and wine tasting classes. She thought it would be fun to have a bunch of girls over to her mom's house for something similar. 


Our cheese plates. She had them laid out like the face of a clock, and then had a sheet of paper coordinating with the names so we knew what we were eating. The paper also had a place for us to write notes so we could remember which cheeses we liked or didn't like. 


One of the cheeses she had on the plate was called Beecher Cheese. Oh, it was sooo good! By far my favorite that night, followed closely by a spanish cheese that I can't remember the name of. 





It was fun to see everyone's different reactions to different cheeses. Some were a little on the strong side, and there was a goat cheese that tasted like I was eating from the pasture it's self. Not my favorite. 






It was a lot of fun and interesting to learn about different cheeses. 

1 comment:

jeff and alli said...

K, I'm pretty weak when it comes to cheeses. But I think this sounds like a great idea for people a bit more brave than I; Jeff would have loved this.
What a great idea to have papers showing the names. I remember there were cheeses I did like in France, but don't remember which ones!