Sunday, August 22, 2010

Oregon Coast - Day One, Portland Japanese Gardens

My boss took a week off during the summer so I decided that it would be fun for me, Annie, Stacy and her husband Jason to go on vacation. Ever since my first trip to the Coast, I fell in love with it and thought that should be where we should go.We started out thinking that we wanted to go camping, keep the costs low, but after doing some research, decided on getting a beach house. We planned out the meals for the week and brought food along to do some cooking.We got up early and made the long drive in pretty good time.

Jason feeding Stacy her fruit by the foot.
Annie and I holding up the back seat. We borrowed Jason's brother's old Mercedes to take to the Coast because it has a ton of miles on it already and so we didn't have to rack up miles on any of our cars. It was surprisingly roomy and had pretty good gas mileage.

 Some of the scenery along our drive.

 We decided that before we headed to our beach house, that we would stop in Portland to check out the Japanese Gardens. Afterward we went to Mike and Sarah's new place for dinner and a game, then off to the beach house in Lincoln City!




 The biggest Zen garden I've ever seen.

 Stacy and Jason

 Don't mind how tired we look, we woke up early, and were in the car for a long time.

 Even though I hate spiders, I had to get a picture of this web. It was crazy cause it was spread out between these two trees that were quite a ways apart.






View of downtown Portland from the gardens.

No comments: