Sunday, March 1, 2009

Delicious Desserts

I got a new cookbook from work the other day. We have this lady that brings books in once a month that we can buy for super discounted prices. As I was looking through I found this Better Homes and Gardens cookbook called Anyone Can Cook. As I was looking through my mouth began to water at all the delicious recipes and they all looked really easy too. So I bought it and my roommate Annie and I decided to make dinner and dessert with one of the recipes. We decided on some breaded chicken with gravy, that was so good. Kudos to Annie for the yummy gravy, it was her first time making gravy and it was superb! For dessert, I made these little yummy phyllo dough cups with a lemon cream cheese filling and a honey cream cheese filling. Mmmmm, they were so good. The nice thing about them, was that they were super easy too. The dough was a little hard to work with, just because it's fragile and it wanted to tear on me at times, but the end result was something that would come out of a five star restaurant if I do say so myself. :)

2 comments:

jeff and alli said...

Oh yum! Send me that recipe. Please of course.

The Thomases said...

They look very yummy. I've decided that I'm going to collect cookbooks and I think that is definitely one to add to the collection. Have you seen the Top Chef cookbook? I want that one so bad!