Thursday, September 4, 2008

Heidi's got a NEW RIDE!

So I have finally found a new car after two years of wanting, searching, and waiting for a raise at work. I have mostly been searching for a used Honda Accord, because I love those cars and they last forever. (My last Honda is 15 years old and has 201,000+ miles on it and still kicking.) However, due to the gas prices, the sales for good gas cars like Hondas has gone up and I was not having any luck finding what I wanted that fit into my price range. So I started looking at some other options: Toyota Camrys and Nissan Altimas. If you're wondering why I didn't just go for a Civic or a Corolla, which would have been in my price range and I could have gotten a newer model, it's because I love the bigger cars. I love the space they provide as far as comfort for my passengers go and trunk space. As I said earlier, I've been searching for TWO YEARS for the perfect car. Thankfully I wasn't in a big rush and still had a good car to drive (thanks Mom and Dad!) so that made it a little easier because I could still be my picky self and get everything that I wanted without having to rush into a decision. I was looking on Craig's List a week ago (love this website for used goods) and remembered that a friend of mine had driven a Nissan Maxima while we were nannying back East and it was a nice car. So I decided, what the heck, let's put it in the search and see what comes up. Well folks, I found a beauty of a car that just happened to be in my price range and had everything that I was looking for. (minus being a Honda, but a Nissan is a good substitute) I called the number and asked the guy if I could come take a look at the car. As fate would have it he lived in Caldwell, and I just so happened to be going out there the very next day to help my mom paint one of her bedrooms. I took Annie with me so I could have someone else there for an opinion and we took it for a test drive. It drove so smoothly and went real fast. I was in love and was anxious to make an offer. The ad said that they were selling the car for $13,500 and this included 4 20" custom chrome rim tires. We got done with the test drive and I offered $13,000 for the car without the tires, cause 1 I don't need or want fancy tires, and 2 I don't need or want the extra attention it might draw from people. He said that he would have to double check with his son because it was his car and he was selling it for him. (his son is in Holland playing professional basketball) He called me back around 4:45 and said that his son was worried about selling the tires without the car and wanted to know if I would accept $13,250 for the car. It was still in my price range and Me and the car had already started a love affair, so there was no giving it up now. :) (I think about it now and I could have just taken the tires and then turned around and sold them and made some extra money off them. Oh well.) Friday afternoon, my dad met with the guy at the credit union got the title signed over and picked up my car. Then after I got off work, I went out to Nampa to pick up my car and sign the necessary paper work. It was a very scary and yet rewarding feeling as I signed the papers and slid into a car that was all mine. So here it is, my beautiful new car.




As I said earlier, it's a Nissan Maxima, 2004 and is in really good condition. I love that I have remote keyless entry and an alarm on the car. I love that the windows are tinted already because then I don't have to do it myself. I love love love that it has a sunroof and love the look of the car. I love that it drives so smoothly and is relatively quiet inside. Basically I'm in love with the car and am really enjoying driving it around. I know it's a complete waste of gas, but I just want to drive it anywhere and nowhere just to drive it. :) I haven't picked a name out for the car yet, but if anyone has suggestions I'm willing to take them into consideration.

3 comments:

JoshandMegs said...

congratulations on the new car heidi! very nice! :) i have never named a car, so i don't know of any suggestions...this sounds like a job for guys to help with. ha.

jeff and alli said...

Oooo, I like it Heidi.

Furniss Family said...

Congrat's Heidi, looks like an awesome car!! We both love Nissan's (We have a newer Titan) The new maxima's are awesome too. White cars look so hot with black tinted windows :) have fun!