Saturday, June 7, 2008

Greek Food Festival

So for the last 3 years that I have lived in Boise, every year at the beginning of June I always see some kind of event going on at the Greek Orthodox Church. My roommates and I have always wondered what was going on, and we could tell there was food involved, so of course we wanted to be a part of it. Well this year we finally figured out what was going on, the annual Greek Food Festival. The church holds the festival as a fundraiser and a way to share their culture. There was Greek music as well as Greek Dancers for entertainment. Instead of dealing with a bunch of cash to pay for the food, there is a booth at the front of the church where you buy tokens (pictured below) with values of 50 cents, $5, $10. Me, Heather, Brandon, Sheena and Matt all went and enjoyed some good eats. Then we headed to the basement of the church where they had all their pastries set up and they were delicious. We had a good time and I look forward to next years festival.

Food token
My yummy gyro
Sinking my teeth into my gyro
Matt, Heather, Brandon, and Sheena having a good time
The Greek Orthodox Church

2 comments:

JoshandMegs said...

Awesome. I have always wanted to go to that. They had it in SLC, but I didn't realize there was one here in Boise, so we'll have to go next year!

jeff and alli said...

Yum, that looks good. And sounds like fun, I love random things like that. I just wish I knew when and where they are. :)